Friday, February 17, 2017

Why You Should Eat These Foods When Bulking

Buling is eating more food than your body needs to maintain weight so that you gain weight. The idea is that when bulking and lifting, your body will gain muscle (and maybe a little fat feelsbadman.jpg). It's part of the traditional bulk-cut cycle many people do to gain muscle mass.

Peanut butter. You get 190 calories in two spoonfuls. I can eat that much in .5 seconds and it doesn't make me even close to full. It's high in fat, so don't eat too much of it on days when you're eating out. For people who need to consume >5000 calories a day to gain weight but don't love the feeling of being bloated every second of the day, peanut butter is a godsend.

Smoothies. Is this a cop out because it's too obvious? If you blend 2 bananas, 2 servings of PB, some chocolate, and 2 cups of soymilk... that's close to 1000 calories. These smoothies will you keep you satiated while not bloating you. You only get bloated because your body needs to break down the food you eat, but the blender here has already done most of that job for you. If you're in college, this is a little tougher because you can't always keep a blender + fridge + ingredients in a dorm room. But in every other situation in life, smoothies are an easy way to hit your caloric goals.

Rice. I know, I know, this isn't revolutionary. Rice has been a staple of bodybuilding diets since the birth of Arnold. BUT it is mainly used as a carb source, and not as a calorie source. I have never gotten full off of rice alone, so I'm confident it its capacity as a bulking food.  At 200 calories in just a cup, it's a great complement to whatever normal food you're eating (even MENTOS).

I've been bulking for about 2 years, sometimes tracking calories, sometimes not. When I'm not tracking, I know that I'll under-eat. So, I make sure to get a few hearty spoonfuls of peanut butter each day, drink a smoothie in the morning, and have rice with my meals to compensate. These foods have kept me on track towards my fitness goals. BUT DON'T FORGET YOUR VEGGIES.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why You Should Eat These Foods When Bulking

Buling is eating more food than your body needs to maintain weight so that you gain weight.  The idea is that when bulking and lifting, your...